FREECREDITSCORE.COM TWITTER GIVEAWAY OFFICIAL RULES
Rules Available at http://fcsdotcom.tumblr.com/
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. These Official Rules (“Rules”) apply to the freecreditscore.com Twitter Giveaway at https://twitter.com/creditscore (“Contest”). The sponsor of this Contest is ConsumerInfo.com, Inc., owner of freecreditscore.com and publishes at the fcsdotcom.tumblr website, 535 Anton Blvd. Suite 100, Costa Mesa, CA (“Sponsor”). By entering the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules and all decisions of Sponsor in its sole discretion. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Contest begins on March 6, 2013 at 6:00 pm Central Time and ends on March 8, 2013 at 6:00 pm Central Time (“Contest Period”). Contest open to natural persons who are legal residents of the U.S. 18 years of age or older by the opening of the Contest Period with a valid Twitter username. Employees of Sponsor and their immediate family members (including mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son or spouse), regardless of where they live, or persons who reside in the same household, whether related or not, are not eligible.
3. To enter Contest, during the Contest Period persons who meet the eligibility requirements and have read and accepted these Rules may Tweet using #faceinthecrowd hashtag in the Tweet. Alternatively, persons may Re-Tweet @creditscore Tweets using the #faceinthecrowd hashtag. All eligible Tweets using the #faceinthecrowd hashtag will be entered into a random prize drawing that will take place daily during the contest period on or about 6:00 pm Central Time. Two (2) winners will be selected on Thursday March 7, 2013 and three (3) will be selected on Friday March 8, 2013. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Eligible entries are valid throughout the contest period. Persons must follow @creditscore to be notified of winner status. If you do not have a Twitter account, and you would like to create one for free, visit www.Twitter.com. To comply with Twitter’s guidelines, (1) duplicate entries made by any entrant using multiple Twitter accounts will be ineligible; and (2) entrants must follow all applicable Twitter rules.
4. One (1) entry per person. Persons using multiple accounts to enter the Contest are ineligible. Should more than one (1) entry per person be received, Sponsorreserves the right to void all such entries. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the entrant will be the registered owner of the Twitter account as determined by Sponsor. No more than one (1) prize will be awarded to any person. Incomplete entries will not be accepted.
5. Notification of a potential winner will be made by Twitter Direct Message to the Twitter username provided by the entrant promptly after determination of the potential winner in the random drawing. In order to receive a direct message from @creditscore, the potential winner must follow the @creditscore handle. The potential winner must respond to the Twitter Direct Message within 12 hours and provide his or her email address and phone number for further communications. The potential winner then will receive an email or text message asking him or her to confirm eligibility, ownership of the Twitter username and account, and acceptance of these Rules. The potential winner must respond in accordance with the instructions from Sponsor by email or text message within 4 hours to be confirmed as a winner. An affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be required. The affidavit will NOT need to be notarized. If a potential winner does not respond within the timeframes and in accordance with the instructions, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential winner selected. In the event a potential winner is unable to accept a prize for any reason, another potential winner will be randomly selected and contacted as provided above. The prize will be awarded.
6. Five (5) prizes will be awarded. Each Prize consists of (a) two (2) SXSW Music wrist bands, March 12-17 2013, a specific event within the larger SXSW event which runs in totality from March 8-17, 2013 in Austin, TX, http://sxsw.com/; Winners will provide their email address to freecreditscore.com staff as part of the winner notification process, freecreditscore.com staff will use this email address and the winner’s name to register the winner’s prize with SXSW, the winner will then receive an email confirming registration from SXSW and containing instructions on how to pick-up the prize at SXSW in Austin, Texas. The Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of the Prize is $358. Each prize consists of two (2) SXSW Music wrist bands. Five (5) prizes will be awarded. Any item or expense incurred in connection with travel to or attendance at SXSW, which is not specified above, is the sole responsibility of the winner.
7. Winner will be identified in Sponsor’s Tweets by his or her Twitter handle. The winner list (with winner’s Twitter handle and first name/last initial) will be posted at fcsdotcom/tumblr.com on or about ten (10) days after the Contest Period. For a winner list or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self addressed stamped envelope with your request to freecreditscore.com Twitter Contest, c/o Experian Consumer Services, 535 Anton, Suite 100, Costa Mesa, CA 92626. Vermont residents may omit return postage. All federal, state and local taxes and duties are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor may require that winner provide his or her Social Security Number or complete a W9 form for tax reporting. Prize may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except that Sponsor may substitute prize of equal or greater value due to prize availability.
8. By participating, entrants agree that the decisions of Sponsor will be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest and release Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors and assigns (“Sponsor Parties”) from all liability concerning the Contest. All entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Guest of winner using Prize to attend SXSW must be a legal resident of the U.S. 18 years of age or older by March 8, 2013. Sponsor may require that the guest sign a release as a condition of the guest using the Prize. By accepting the Prize, winner agrees, where lawful, that Sponsor may use winner’s Twitter username and first name/last initial for publication, advertising and promotional purposes in all media without additional consideration
9. By accepting the prize, winner agrees that Sponsor and Sponsor Parties have no liability or responsibility for any claims, injuries, death, losses, damages or liability of any kind resulting from any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, possession or use of the prize. Winner will indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and Sponsor Parties from and against any claims of liability arising directly or indirectly from the Contest, the prize awarded or any use of prize by winner or guest. For winner and anyone acting on his or her behalf, and his or her heirs, executors and assigns, winner hereby irrevocably releases, waives and discharges Sponsor and Sponsor Parties from any and all claims.
Winner expressly waives California Civil Code § 1542, or any other statute of similar import or effect, that otherwise may exclude unknown claims from this release, as follows:
I acknowledge that I am familiar with the provisions of California Civil Code § 1542, which provides as follows: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” I, being aware of said code section, hereby expressly waive any rights I may have thereunder, as well as any other statute or common law principles of similar effect.
10. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or modify this Contest. Each entrant is responsible for any online or other charges incurred with any Internet service provider and/or wireless carrier. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transmission or for any computer or human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures or any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any website or online service, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, scrambled, illegible or misdirected entries, even if the administration or proper play of the Contest is compromised. If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual tampering with the Contest or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue and/or terminate or modify the Contest and/or conduct a random drawing to award the prize using all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Contest is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its expiration date, notice will be posted at freecreditscore.com. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Contest is unlawful and may be subject to legal action. Entries made by commercial sweepstakes subscription notification or entering services, automated methods or bots are ineligible. Sponsor is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or device arising or resulting from participation in the Contest. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with SXSW or Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to SXSW or Twitter.
12. Any dispute between you and Sponsor arising out of or relating to these Rules, the Contest or the prize will be decided only by arbitration, individually and not on a class-wide basis. The laws of the State of California, without regard to choice of law principles, shall apply to any such dispute, except as to matters relating to arbitration, which shall governed by the Federal Arbitration Act. Any arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association and will take place in Orange County, California.
Matt Rogers from American Idol season 3 rocking’ #GoFest #iScored http://instagr.am/p/QN2H0BjWIP/
It’s Hammer time! #Jacks7thShow #iScored #picstitch http://instagr.am/p/PnphKVjWFv/
We’re reliving our @LiveNationConcerts sponsorship of #DaveMatthewsBand last weekend 2nite at the Hollywood Bowl! #iScored http://instagr.am/p/PftGPgjWM-/
One for the road: Hope everybody enjoyed Dave Matthews Band tonight - what a show! #iScored http://instagr.am/p/PWKhDCjWEl/
So legit! #iScored VIP at #DMB We’ve got some for our ‘friends’ too, don’t worry. http://instagr.am/p/PV-3JKDWOu/
Tonight! #DMB is gonna make some music and we’re here to make sure you get your #iScored moment! http://instagr.am/p/PVkF05jWGs/
It’s not every day you get to meet your favorite player or throw the first pitch. #iScored big time! http://instagr.am/p/OU_tnSDWEN/
All-Star, Upton, watching intently from the dugout. #GoDbacks #iScored http://instagr.am/p/ONlNHOjWM7/